- To execute, maintain and review Environment, Health & Safety practices and procedures in coordination with stakeholders and regulatory authorities to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for Company employees and contractors.
- Provide oversight activities of the implementation and maintenance of safe work procedures for Company premises.
Expected relationships with other departments:
- Primary Relations: Manager EHS, All departments within operations divisions across Company departments
- Secondary Relations: Other non-operational Departments across Company including leased properties (tenants), Strategy and Communications, Capital Projects and Constructions (namely Infrastructure related projects)
- As required to support Manager EHS; Department of Municipalities and Transport, OSHAD, FANR, GCAA, Environmental Agency (EAD), Third Party Certification Bodies.
NUMBER OF REPORTS
- Direct Reports: 1
- Indirect Reports: NA
- Relevant Departments within Company OSHAD
- Other stakeholders & Contractors
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain knowledge on current legislation, standards, policies and guidelines relevant to areas of responsibility and ensure that work activities comply with applicable Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legislation and standards.
- Adhere and comply with OSHAD, ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 and maintain organization documents according to regulatory bodies.
- Provide a safety promotion & education service, identify and co-ordinate the delivery of appropriate OHS programs that meet organizational needs.
- Actively participate in / attend and provide information and guidance to OHS Committees on incident/accident investigation. Assist in the investigation of major accidents as needed.
- Conduct workplace inspections / system audits and prepare reports outlining potential hazards and areas of improvement. This includes undertaking risk assessments and preparation of safe work method statements.
- Develop a culture of safety amongst staff at all levels to accept their responsibility to act / work in a manner conducive to their own safety and that of fellow workers
- Support GCAS (training) to develop and deliver OHS induction training to new staff, contractors and refresher courses to existing staff as needed.
- Assist managers, supervisors and staff in improving health and safety or deal with specific issues as they may arise.
- Ensure organizational wide OHS system development undertaking consultation as appropriate.
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of OHS policies, procedures, management plans, guidelines, standard operation procedures, safe work method statements and safe work procedures and other strategies as required.
- Maintain a central register of reported incidents, injuries, and hazard statistics.
- Ensure that hazardous substances are correctly identified at each worksite and maintain and up to date hazardous substance register and material safety data sheets in coordination with Department Managers.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Review PTW’s from contractors and ensure they follow regulation & standards. o Monitoring and measurement of work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education Required
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (preferred)
- Environment, Health and Safety Auditing Certification or other auditing certification
- Aerodrome/Aviation specific course related to EHS/auditing/compliance/regulatory frameworks
Professional Certifications Required
- NEBOSH Certificate holder or equivalent
Years of experience
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
- Experience in EHS incident investigations and reporting.
- Knowledge of National and International Environment, Safety & Security regulations. o Knowledge of aviation industry
- Experience in assessing work place hazards.
- The Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related responsibilities to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
- HR may initiate a review exercise of all Job Descriptions as needed to ensure their validity across the organization. Both the employee and the Immediate Line Manager shall be involved in the exercise.