Internal Audit Assignments
- Support the development, validation and implementation of the risk-based audit plan.
- Develop audit program in line with the pre-established risks and create/Amend the audit program for newly identified risks or changes to initial risk assessments
- Plan, execute and complete each audit assignment, (independently or in a team) within the budgeted time frame, including the following:
- Clearly defined and documented objectives, scope and a detailed audit program, agreed with the Manager
- Drafting of Terms of Reference and APM
- Document audit approach, tests and evidence to support the audit field work, findings and conclusions.
- Properly documented/indexed and cross-referenced Audit working papers using the audit tools used
- Draft Reports and Presentations
- Audit Closure documentation
- Present reports to auditee & get agreement on actions
- Build relationships and an open communication channel between the internal/external audit team members and department staff to work on audit related issues more effectively
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently with the objective of optimizing audit resource utilization and quality of work.
- Providing support to IA management in the preparation of deliverables to the Executive Management & BAC.
- Prioritize and support implementation of data analytics (work with portfolio leads where required) across PCs and O&M
- Oversee timely completion of agreed actions, where necessary, escalate the exceptions.
- Prepare presentation, manage BACs and relationships with management of multiple project companies as assigned by Senior Manager/Director/Executive director - Internal Audit.
People Management and Supervision
- Manage and motivate the team to ensure they contribute to, and participate in, the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes, and projects in line with the organization's standards.
- Oversee the day-to-day work of the team by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork, and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and ensure that employees’ activities are performed in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
Implement approved departmental policies, processes, and procedures, and ensure employee adherence so that work is carried out to the required standard.
Contribute to, and participate in, the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes, and projects in line with the organisation’s standards.