The Airport Emergency Planning Specialist shall organize the implementation of strategic and tactical guidance on their respective airports for an organized and structured Airport Emergency Planning Section, with a focus on continuous development and improvement of the Airport Emergency plans, procedures and policies, and shall ensure that all emergency facilities are equipped with required guidance materials, logistics, communication equipment and computers (as required) to ensure comprehensive and high standard emergency response framework exists in their airports of jurisdiction to facilitate conformance with GCAA and ICAO Regulations and directives from Health Authorities.
This includes the development and execution of exercise plans , review of the Airport Emergency Plans (AEP), policies and procedures and effective engagement and training of internal and external stakeholders so that roles and responsibilities in responding to an emergency situation are entirely understood and effectively executed.
ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES D: KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. In conjunction with Airport Emergency Planning Senior Manager, develop and implement comprehensive Emergency Response Planning framework, including policies and procedures, across all Company operated airports, in order to facilitate coordinated and effective management of all emergency situations, whilst ensuring compliance with GCAA regulations.
2. Assist Airport Emergency Planning Head and Senior Manager for the conduct of Airport Emergency Committees meetings, consisting of senior level members from relevant internal and external stakeholders, in order to facilitate the development and management of co-ordinated and mutually agreed Airport Emergency Manuals/Plans.
3. Foster communication and collaboration between Company Departments and external stakeholders, including Government Agencies in their respective airports, in order to improve understanding of best practices in emergency responses and, where required develop formal agreements and memorandums of understanding to ensure integrated and coordinated responses under the Airport Emergency Plans.
4. Provide Airport Emergency Planning Senior Manager with feedback involving the efficiency and effectivity of Airport
Emergency Response protocols and procedures, to ensure that Company is able to effectively deliver Strategic and Tactical direction to all operational teams in the response to a major emergency or disaster involving Company Airports.
5. Assist Airport Emergency Planning Head and Airport Emergency Planning Senior Manager in planning, coordination and conduct of Emergency Simulation Exercises to ensure all objectives of the exercise are met, whilst ensuring all stakeholders are fully prepared and conversant with the Airport Emergency Procedures.
6. Assist in the development and implementation of operating protocols for Company Incident Command System, including the Mobile Command Post (Operational/Bronze Command) and the Emergency Operations Centre (Tactical/Silver Command), to meet international standards whilst adhering to the local environment and culture.
7. Assist in the development and conduct relevant training / coaching sessions to various stakeholders of Airport Emergency Response, in order to ensure that they are fully conversant with their roles within the Airport Emergency Plan.
8. Generate official evaluation reports following exercises and/or real incidents (where appropriate) with detailed analysis of the emergency response by all stakeholders, whilst providing expert recommendations in order to continually improve airport emergency response at Company.
9. Assist Airport Emergency Planning Head and Airport Emergency Planning Senior Manager in the event of a real emergency at Company Airports, in order to ensure that Company operations senior management are supported with all relevant procedures, protocols, information and guidance as required.
10. Assume the role of “Airport Coordinator” in the event of a Disabled Aircraft Recovery Operation at Airport, in order to ensure an organized and coordinated response by all stakeholders.
11. Mentor Crisis Management Officer(s), delegate and empower a team of support professionals in order to achieve departmental objectives and promote high performance and motivation.
12. Assist Airport Emergency Planning Head and Senior Manager involving development and implementation of emergency related Business Continuity Management protocols and processes.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Role is responsible for execution of appropriate response protocols to emergency events across all Company airports. It requires analysis and interpretation of GCAA and ICAO standards and guidelines.
- Independent judgment is required in the execution of the responsibilities of the position.
- Matters which pose significant risk and impact on the security or safety of Company are referred to the Company Senior Management with a recommended course of action.
- Significant impact can result from recommendations and decisions taken during the coordination and management of emergency responses.
- Works closely with Airport Emergency Planning Head and Senior Manager the department reporting on accountabilities of the position.
- Liaises closely with Company Departments to develop, trial and action the AEP and Company emergency response protocols and procedures.
- Liaises with external stakeholders, such as police, Civil Defense, Health Authorities, regional hospitals and airlines to establish and gain commitment to the AEP and Company emergency response protocols and procedures.
- The position is required to assist Airport Emergency Planning Head and Senior Manager when negotiating with internal and external stakeholders at a senior level to gain their commitment to and compliance with the AEP.
- Assist Airport Emergency Planning Head and Senior Manager in planning, development and review of Airport Emergency Plan annually with 3-4 month review relating to the development and review of AEP including Emergency Simulation Exercises.
- The position is required to lead and facilitate multiple stakeholders in the development of the AEP which has the potential for significant impact for Company and the Airports operated by Company .
ROLE FACTS AND FIGURES
The Crisis Management Officers are the direct reports to the role.
CHALLENGES OF THE ROLE
- Gaining commitment of multiple external bodies to the development and execution of the AEP.
- Establishing functional lines of communication with internal & external stakeholders.
- Constantly maintaining the Airport Emergency Plans to Industry best practices standards while dealing with continual change in airport operational and infrastructure changes. H:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Aviation Emergency Planning, with a minimum of 3 years at a senior level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant ICAO and GCAA regulations.
- Acquired knowledge on Incident Command System (ICS) Emergency Preparedness / Disaster Management, Family Assistance, Safety Management Systems, Human Factors, Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM), Preference given to candidates with training in one or more of the following: Incident Command System (ICS), Emergency Preparedness / Disaster Management, Audit / Quality Assurance, Safety Management Systems (SMS), Human Factors Aviation Disaster “Family Assistance”, Emergency Exercise Management, Business Continuity Management, Crisis Communications and other
- Minimum Entry Qualifications
- Bachelor degree holder or equivalent working experience.
- Diploma or Certificate within the field of Aviation Emergency Response.
- Sound understanding of international benchmarks regarding aviation safety and security.
- Experience in conducting multifaceted emergency simulation exercises.
- Experience in developing operational policy and procedures.
- Project planning, management and delivery.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Influence and negotiation.
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Interpersonal ability and cross cultural understanding